The first step in collecting feedback and enacting change to build a better workplace is inviting employees to TINYpulse. Adding people is easy and they will be on their way to giving feedback via their first pulse survey in minutes. Here is everything you need to know.
In this article
Invite people to TINYpulse
(i) You must have Admin or Super Admin permissions in Engage in order to send invites.
The only thing you need to invite users to TINYpulse is their name and email address. However, we do recommend adding some additional information such as Start Date, Manager, and Position Title for better categorization and to get deeper insights into your data.
1. Log in to TINYpulse and go to the Settings section and select Add People.
2. Enter the name and email addresses of the employees to be invited.
3. Additionally, enter the Start Date, Manager, and Position Title. These fields are optional but data is used to give deeper insights into your data.
4. If your organization does not have Onboard or Coach enabled, skip down to step 7.
5. Decide whether you want these invitees to start off receiving Onboard or Engage pulses. Keep the Onboard checkbox selected if they are new hires to collect feedback about their onboarding experience. Deselect it and they will only receive Engage surveys. Employees starting off with Onboard pulse surveys can still send Cheers and anonymous Suggestions immediately, but they will not receive an Engage survey until their sixth week at your organization. Learn more.
6. If you have Coach enabled in TINYpulse, select the Coach checkbox to give the new user access, or keep it deselected it to exclude them. When that box is not checked, the invited user will not be able to access Coach. However, you can always add them later by opening their profile and adjusting their Coach permissions. Learn more.
7. Click Add more if you have more than three employees to invite.
8. Once you have added everyone, click Send Invites to finish.
Employees who are set to receive Onboard pulses will get an invitation email within the hour. The email has a link that lets them set their TINYpulse password, give anonymous suggestions, and send Cheers. Their first Onboard pulse will be sent the next Wednesday after they have completed at least one week at your organization. If you are curious, take a look at the First Survey date on the confirmation screen after your invites are sent to know exactly when the first pulse will go out.
If you have deselected the Onboard checkbox for an invitee and have an open survey, they will get an email with their first Engage Survey within the hour. They will receive the email in their inbox and can click the link to complete the signup process and respond to their first question immediately. If you do not have an open survey, they will get an invitation email without a survey.
Customize your invitation email
If you would like to enter your own message introducing TINYpulse to employees, select the Preview and create a custom message link on the Invite screen. Here, you will be able to preview the invitation emails for both Onboard and Engage and enter your own introductory message to new TINYpulse users.
When you enter and save your own custom message, it is applied to all future invite emails unless you change it or revert it back to the default TINYpulse text.
All users invited to TINYpulse will be assigned the lowest possible level of access to prevent any security mishaps. Take a look through this article for more information about default permissions and assigning a higher level of access to new employees.
Employees appear in the User Management page immediately once you have sent invitations. Here you can filter employees by status to find out who is receiving Engage pulses and who is getting Onboard, who is missing exit details, and more. Use the More Filters button to choose which field you would like to sort your data by.
After a few days or weeks, it is a good idea to send a reminder to those people who may have missed their invite and have not signed up yet. Just click Send Reminders to trigger an email as a friendly reminder to these employees to set their TINYpulse passwords so they can respond to surveys, give anonymous suggestions, and send Cheers.
Upload employees by CSV
Reach out to our Support team by clicking this link if you have a bunch of users to invite and want some help. Edit your exported user list or fill out this spreadsheet and then return it to us for a quick and easy upload.
If you would just like to update your users' Attributes with an in-app CSV Import tool, follow the instructions in this article.