The first step in collecting feedback and enacting change to build a better workplace is inviting employees to Limeade Listening. Adding people is easy and they will be on their way to giving feedback via their first pulse survey in minutes. Here is everything you need to know.
In this article:
- Invite people to Limeade Listening
- Customize your invitation email
- Upload employees by CSV
Invite people to Limeade Listening
( ! ) You must have Super Admin or Admin permissions in Engage in order to send invites.
The only things you need to invite users to Limeade Listening is their name and email address. However, we do recommend adding some additional information such as start date, manager, and primary attribute value for better categorization, more accurate reporting and to get deeper insights into your data.
1. Log in to Limeade Listening and go to the Settings section and select Add People.
2. Enter the name and email addresses of the employees to be invited.
3. Additionally, enter the start date, manager, and primary attribute value. These fields are optional but this data is used to give deeper insights into your data for these employees from day one.
( ! ) Note: Adding the Start Date is highly recommended at user inception, especially to initialize the Onboard path for new hires.
( ! ) Note: Adding the employee's Manager at account inception is highly recommended to ensure proper manager hierarchy and reporting, and to enable the Manager Dashboard for the appropriate Managers. .
4. If your organization does not have Onboard or Coach enabled, skip down to step 7.
5. Decide whether you want these invitees to start off receiving Onboard or Engage surveys. Keep the Onboard checkbox selected if they are new hires to collect feedback about their onboarding experience. Deselect it and they will only receive Engage surveys. Employees starting off with onboard surveys can still send cheers and anonymous suggestions immediately, but they will not receive Pulse surveys until the designated days set in the Platform > Engage Survey Rules for New Hires section. Learn more.
6. If you have Coach enabled in Limeade Listening, select the Coach checkbox to give the new user access, or keep it deselected it to exclude them. When that box is not checked, the invited user will not be able to access Coach. However, you can always add them later by opening their profile and adjusting their Coach permissions. Learn more.
7. Click Add more if you have more than four employees to invite.
8. Once you have added everyone, click Send Invites to finish.
Customize your invitation email
If you would like to enter your own message introducing Limeade Listening to employees, select the Preview and create a custom message link on the Invite screen. Here, you will be able to preview the invitation emails for both Engage and Onboard and enter your own introductory message to new Limeade Listening users.
When you enter and save your own custom message, it is applied to all future invite emails unless you change it or revert it back to the default Limeade Listening text.
- To see an example of the emails that your employees will receive:
All users invited to Limeade Listening will be assigned the lowest possible level of access (Employee) to prevent any security mishaps. Take a look through this article for more information about default permissions and assigning a higher level of access to new employees.
Employees appear in the User Management page immediately once you have sent invitations. Here you can filter employees by status to find out who is receiving engage surveys and who is getting onboard, who is missing exit details, and more. Use the More Filters button to choose which field you would like to sort your data by.
After a few days or weeks, it is a good idea to send a reminder to those people who may have missed their invite and have not signed up yet. Just click Send Reminders to trigger a friendly reminder email to these employees to set their Limeade Listening passwords so they can respond to surveys, give anonymous suggestions, and send cheers.
Upload employees by CSV
- if you'd prefer watching a video and following along with it instead.
- for a video guide on how to fix errors during the Self-Serve User Upload process.