If your organization uses Google as your email server or G Suite for work, you can take advantage of expedited user management in TINYpulse. Integrating TINYpulse with your company's existing G Suite subscription will systematically simplify user management. Whenever a new employee is added to Google, the information can be transferred to TINYpulse saving administrators time in inviting employees one by one.
In order to set up this integration, you will need these three things:
A G Suite for work subscription.
Administrator rights to your G Suite instance.
Administrator rights in TINYpulse.
If you are missing any one of these three things, please contact your in-house technical team for assistance.
How it works
The TINYpulse integration for Google simply saves admins time and ensures you never forget to add a new employee to TINYpulse again. The first thing you need to do is enable the integration. Read on to the next section for step by step instructions, but first, here is what you will get once you have completed the initial set up.
Once a new employee is added to your G Suite instance, TINYpulse will detect the new user. Any TINYpulse admin that visits Settings in TINYpulse will see a banner notifying them that a new user or users have been detected, and they can be imported from there. Click the link and the new users' email addresses will be pre-populated in the Invite People page, and first and last names captured for the employees' profiles. From here, you can invite them to TINYpulse immediately, or take a moment to enter some additional information like their manager or their position title.
Integrate TINYpulse with G Suite
Whether you have just subscribed to TINYpulse or you have been with us for a while and are looking to save yourself some time, integrating with your Google Directory is a great way to manage employee invitations.
1. Log in to TINYpulse and go to the Integrations page in Settings.
2. Find Google Suite in the list, click to open, and select Connect.
3. Google will verify your email address and request access to TINYpulse. From here, Google will also ask you to authorize the team access.
4. You will be asked to grant permission to TINYpulse to the G Suite instance. Read the message and select Allow.
5. Once you have accepted, the integration is complete and you will be redirected back to the configuration page.
Sync users from Google to TINYpulse
Now that you have enabled the Google integration with TINYpulse, you can take advantage of the many benefits of directly syncing employees. Depending on your org and your processes, you can sync users to TINYpulse from Google as often as you would like on-demand, or systematically once a week or even once a day. Since it is a manual syncing process, you have the flexibility to control the schedule and frequency so be sure to define it with the rest of your admin team.
- Open Settings by clicking on the people icon in the top right toolbar in TINYpulse.
- TINYpulse will detect new employees from your Google account and you will be alerted with a yellow banner at the top of the screen. Select Click here to invite to start the sync.
- Review the list and remove any users that you want to skip by clicking the x beside the email address. Skipping an email address will mark it so that you will not be prompted to add it again next time and it also will not appear in the alert.
- TINYpulse will pull in email, first name, last name, and start dates for all employees on the list. Read through to verify the information is correct. You can manually add additional fields like Manager and Position Title.
- Keep the Onboard checkbox selected if you want the employee to receive new hire pulse surveys first. Keep the Coach checkbox selected if you want the employee to have access to Coach.
- Click Send Invites to complete.
Note that TINYpulse does not organize users based on their Google Directory group membership, so you or another TINYpulse administrator will have to add them to Saved Groups and Attributes if you did not enter that information when inviting them to TINYpulse.