If your team is a part of the over eight million daily active users of Slack, the TINYpulse integration is definitely for you! Enable survey delivery to let employees respond to their pulse directly in Slack, connect the Wins feed to increase the visibility of your efforts, and bring recognition to the forefront of your organization with a dedicated channel for Cheers. Setup only takes a few minutes so your Slack integration with TINYpulse will be up and running before you know it.
Note: You must be a TINYpulse Engage Admin or a Super Admin in order to complete the configuration. You will also need to be a Slack admin, otherwise, you will get an error.
If you do not see the Slack option in your Admin View, your organization may not have the Slack add-on as part of its subscription. Please reach out to our Support team or your Customer Success contact if you have any questions.
In this article
The TINYpulse Slack integration allows your users to:
- Respond to survey directly in Slack
- Stream Suggestions, Initiatives, and Wins to Slack
- Stream the Cheers Feed to Slack
Note for configuration
Suggestions are only streamed to the Slack Wins feed if the option to Stream anonymous Suggestions, Initiatives, and Wins to a real-time feed for employees to stay up to date with what 's going on in TINYpulse is enabled in the Employee Portal page in the Settings -> Platform section. If this option is turned off, users will not see Suggestions in their Employee view Dashboard or the Wins Board unless you choose to share them.
Similarly, Cheers are only streamed to the Slack Cheers feed if the option to Make the real-time Cheers feed available to highlight recognition is enabled in the Employee Portal page in the Settings -> Platform section.
Note: Any comments on Suggestions, Wins, and Cheers that are posted from Slack are also recorded in TINYpulse.
Configure Slack for TINYpulse
1. Go to Users and Settings -> Integrations.
2. Find Slack in the list, click on the Slack card, and select Connect.
3. Slack will verify your email address and request access to TINYpulse. From here, a list will automatically appear with all Slack workspaces that you belong to. Authorize the default workspace or click Change Teams to add a different one.
You have now enabled TINYpulse to access your company's Slack team, but you still have a few more steps to take to enable different functionality.
1. Enable survey delivery to Slack. Click the Add a TINYpulse feature dropdown list and select TINYpulse-bot and click Add. Your users will now be notified by the TINYpulse-bot when their next survey is sent out.
2. Stream Suggestions, Initiatives, and Wins. Select Wins Feed from the Add a TINYpulse feature dropdown list, choose the Slack channel you want to stream this data into, and click Add.
- Tip: You may want to create a dedicated Slack channel for this feed (and remember to add all of your users to this channel).
3. Stream the Cheers feed. Select Cheers Feed from the Add a TINYpulse feature dropdown list, choose the Slack channel you want to stream your Cheers into, and click Add.
- Tip: We recommend that you create a dedicated channel for Cheers feed instead of having them share the same channel with Wins Feed, otherwise, Wins may get drowned out by Cheers.
Configure for multiple TINYpulse organizations
If your company is broken down into multiple TINYpulse organization accounts but shares one single Slack workspace, just follow the steps above to configure TINYpulse for Slack from each organization's TINYpulse account, configure the TINYpulse-bot, and set up a real-time Cheers feed. Please note that users cannot be in multiple organization's TINYpulse accounts to receive surveys in Slack.
Please reach out to our Support team if you are facing one of these limitations. We love hearing from our customers, so let us know and we will consider adding your request to our product roadmap or working with your organization directly.
Users belonging to multiple TINYpulse organizations
If all three following criteria are met, users who meet them will not be able to use the TINYpulse-bot to respond to any surveys via Slack:
Multiple TINYpulse organizations
One Slack workspace
Receive surveys from more than one of these organizations
These users will need to respond to surveys from the browser version of TINYpulse or the mobile app.
Multiple Slack workspaces
TINYpulse is only able to integrate with and deliver surveys to one Slack workspace at this time.
What permissions you authorize
On behalf of authorized users, TINYpulse has permission to do the following actions in Slack: