If your team is part of the eight million+ daily active Slack users, the Limeade Listening integration with Slack is definitely for you! Enable survey delivery to let employees respond to their pulse directly in Slack, connect the Wins feed to increase the visibility of your efforts, and bring recognition to the forefront of your organization with a dedicated channel for Cheers. Setup only takes a few minutes; read below to learn how to easily integrate Limeade Listening with Slack!
Note: You must be a Limeade Listening Engage admin or a super admin in order to complete the configuration. You will also need to be a Slack admin, otherwise, you will receive an error. If you do not see the Slack option in your admin view, your organization may not have the Slack add-on as part of its subscription. Please reach out to our Support team or your Customer Success contact if you have any questions.
In this article
The Limeade Listening integration with Slack allows your users to:
- Respond to surveys directly in Slack
- Stream suggestions, initiatives, and wins to Slack
- Stream the Cheers feed to Slack
Note for configuration
Suggestions are only streamed to the Wins in Slack feed if the option to stream anonymous suggestions, initiatives, and wins to a real-time feed for employees to stay up to date with what 's going on in Limeade Listening is enabled in the employee portal page in the Settings >> Platform section. If this option is turned off, users will not see suggestions in their employee view dashboard or the wins board unless you choose to share them.
Similarly, cheers are only streamed to the Cheers in Slack feed if the option to make the real-time Cheers feed available to highlight recognition is enabled in the employee portal page in the Settings >> Platform section.
Note: Any comments on suggestions, wins, and cheers that are posted from Slack are also recorded in Limeade Listening.
Configure Slack for Limeade Listening
1. Go to Users and Settings >> Integrations.
2. Find Slack in the list, click on the Slack card, and select Connect.
3. Slack will verify your email address and request access to Limeade Listening. From here, a list will automatically appear with all Slack workspaces that you belong to. Authorize the default workspace or click Change Teams to add a different one.
You have now enabled Limeade Listening to access your company's Slack, but you still have a few more steps to take to enable different functionality.
1. Enable survey delivery to Slack: Click the Add a Limeade Listening feature dropdown list and select Limeade Listening-bot and click Add. Your users will now be notified by the bot in Slack (LimeadeListening-bot) when their next survey is sent out.
2. Stream suggestions, initiatives, and wins: Select Wins Feed from the Add a Limeade Listening feature dropdown list, choose the Slack channel you want to stream this data into, and click Add.
- TIP: You may want to create a dedicated Slack channel for this feed (and remember to add all your users to this channel).
3. Stream the Cheers feed: Select Cheers Feed from the Add a Limeade Listening feature dropdown list, choose the Slack channel you want to stream Cheers into, and click Add.
- TIP: We recommend you create a dedicated channel for the Cheers feed instead of having Cheers share the same channel with Wins, otherwise, Wins may get drowned out by Cheers.
Configure for multiple Limeade Listening organizations
If your company is broken down into multiple Limeade Listening organization accounts but shares one single Slack workspace, just follow the steps above to configure Limeade Listening for Slack from each organization's Limeade Listening account, configure the Limeade Listening-bot, and setup a real-time Cheers feed. Please note that users cannot be in multiple organization's Limeade Listening accounts to receive surveys in Slack.
Please reach out to our Support team if you are facing one of these limitations. We love hearing from our customers, so let us know and we will consider adding your request to our product roadmap or working with your organization directly.
Users belonging to multiple Limeade Listening organizations
If all three of the following criteria are met, users who meet them will not be able to use the Limeade Listening-bot to respond to any surveys via Slack:
Multiple Limeade Listening organizations
One Slack workspace
Receive surveys from more than one of these organizations
These users will need to respond to surveys from the browser version of Limeade Listening or the mobile app.
Multiple Slack workspaces
Limeade Listening is only able to integrate with and deliver surveys to one Slack workspace at this time.
What permissions you authorize
On behalf of authorized users, Limeade Listening has permission to do the following actions in Slack: