First impressions are everything. Do you know what your new hires think about the company, their team, or the training they received during their initial time at your company? Do you even know if newbies are being set up for success in their roles?
Chances are good that there's room for improvement, but you need to collect that feedback from employees before you can even begin to make changes. But don't worry, surveys with TINYpulse Onboard have you covered.
(i) You must have Admin or Super Admin permissions in Engage in order to invite new hires to TINYpulse.
In this article
- Send Onboard pulses to new hires
- Pulse schedule
- Moving from Onboard to Engage pulses
- Default Onboard questions
- Stop Onboard pulses
Send Onboard pulses to new hires
Triggering TINYpulse Onboard questions is easy. Just be sure to keep the Onboard checkbox selected when inviting employees to TINYpulse and they will be added to your TINYpulse account with Onboard.
Employees will then get an invitation email and have immediate access to log in to TINYpulse and start sending Cheers and anonymous suggestions, as well as voting and commenting if you have LIVEpulse features enabled. Keep reading for more information about the timing of these emails and notifications.
The Onboard surveys are sent out after the new hire's first, second, fourth, and twelfth weeks on the job. Pulses follow the same schedule as Engage in that they are sent out at 10:00 am on Wednesdays based on your organization's timezone. Surveys are open for one week each, and reminders are sent on the following Monday at 10:00 am.
Here is the email schedule that employees are set to receive Onboard pulses. If you enter:
- A start date in the future: Employees will receive a welcome email at 10:00 am on their start date and their first survey the Wednesday at least one week passed their start date. So go on and add users to TINYpulse the moment you know they're coming on board! We'll take care of sending the right emails at the right time so there's no need to wait until their start date has passed.
- A start date in the past: These employees will receive a "Welcome to TINYpulse" email within an hour from when they were added to TINYpulse, and their first survey will be delivered the next Wednesday. Take note of the First Survey date on the confirmation page after employees are invited for the exact timing.
- No start date: Employees invited to TINYpulse without a start date will follow the same Onboard pulse schedule as those with a start date in the past: They'll get a "Welcome to TINYpulse" email within an hour, and their first survey the next Wednesday.
First pulse for the current day or no start date
There are some intricacies to the Pulse schedule when you invite employees to TINYpulse with a start date that is the same as the day you've invited them, as well as employees who are invited without a start date.
Add an employee to TINYpulse before Monday at 00:00 (midnight) and they'll get their first pulse on their first Wednesday on the job. Add an employee to TINYpulse after Monday at 00:01 and they'll receive it the following week. For example:
- It's Friday and I invite a new user to TINYpulse with their start date listed for today or without a start date. They'll get a Welcome email within the hour and their first Onboard pulse the very next Wednesday.
- It's Monday and I invite a new user to TINYpulse with their start date listed for today or without a start date. They'll get a Welcome email within the hour and their first Onboard pulse a week and a half later on their second Wednesday on the job.
Moving from Onboard to Engage pulses
During the first five weeks at your organization, new hires will only receive Onboard questions. They will not get the primary Engage question until after the Week 4 Onboard question has closed, although they can still access the LIVEpulse suggestions feed, and send Cheers and give anonymous suggestions. This is designed to "keep it TINY" and avoid confusion so employees aren't bombarded with multiple surveys at the same time. There is a seamless transition between Onboard and Engage surveys to allow employees a unified experience for giving their feedback.
Default Onboard questions
Here are the four default Onboard questions:
- Week 1 (open text response): What two things stood out most to you during your first week on the job?
- Week 2 (scale 1-10 + open text response): How would you rate your onboarding experience thus far?
- Week 4 (scale 1-10 + open text response): How effective has the onboarding process been in setting you up for success in your role?
- Week 12 (scale 1-10 + open text response): Looking back on your first three months, how would you rate your overall onboarding experience?
Stop an employee from getting Onboard pulses
If you have invited users to TINYpulse with the Onboard checkbox selected, they'll automatically receive Onboard pulses and will not get an Engage question until their sixth week at your organization. If an employee is set to receive Onboard pulses and you decide that you want them only to receive Engage questions instead, you can make that change in the employee's profile.
Just go to Settings by clicking the people icon in the upper-right navigation, find the employee in the user list, click on the three dots to the right of their information, and select Skip Onboard Surveys (or you can select Profile and click on the Skip Onboard Surveys button there). Now, this employee won't get any (more) Onboard pulses and they'll only receive anonymous Engage questions going forward.