Coach is a tool to document and facilitate inspiring 1:1 conversations between employees and their leaders. It achieves this through SMART goals, coaching feedback, and 360 reviews.
During your 90-day trial, you'll have access to the full Coach application so please make the most of it! Here's some information to help you get started.
The newest addition to TINYpulse Coach is a completely revamped 360 Feedback module. Historically, 360 reviews are a tedious, manual process requiring coordination of epic proportions between teams and departments just to conduct a single review cycle.
But the Coach 360 Feedback tool makes requesting, viewing, and sharing feedback easy! So easy in fact, you can even painlessly conduct multiple review cycles a year.
Request 360 feedback
Depending on your permissions, feedback can be requested for yourself or others at your company. Here's how it works for each permission level.
- Coach Administrators:
- Full access to send feedback requests (anonymous or named) about any employee in the organization, one at a time or en masse.
- This is particularly useful for HR departments to conduct 360 reviews for the entire company.
- Coach Managers:
- Get feedback on any of their direct reports (anonymous or named).
- Manager driven feedback is a great way to find out how others perceive their employees, whether it be a confirmation of their performance or an opportunity to learn something new.
- Coach Employees:
- Get named feedback about their own performance.
- Employees cannot request anonymous feedback about themselves or get feedback about any other employee.
- Employees should submit feedback requests to clients, peers, or mentor to get candid feedback on their performance.
Request feedback by going to Coach and navigating to the 360 module. Click the green Get Feedback button to start a new request. You can view all of the details here, but here are a few things you should know.
- Get feedback for one or many employees in the same request.
- Request feedback from anyone like peers, leaders, cross-functional partners, even clients and external vendors. Recipients don't need to be TINYpulse users in order to give 360 feedback.
- Get anonymous feedback by entering at least five recipients to make feedback anonymous. Neither you nor the employee can see who responded in order to get fully candid thoughts.
The 360 review process typically concerns many different people from the employees themselves to HR to managers. It's hugely important for 360 feedback to be transparent and shared with the right people in order for employees to continue developing and growing in their careers, and Coach makes it easy.
Once recipients start submitting their 360 feedback, it's returned to the person who requested it, grouped together neatly in the 360 module in Coach. From there it can be downloaded to CSV format to be shared with the right people.
To make this process even easier, you'll be able to share 360 feedback directly in Coach starting in late January with the next round of updates. So get going on sending your feedback requests while we work on this improvement!
Permissions and Access
Here's how Coach permissions have been assigned to your TINYpulse users by default:
- Coach Administrator: Engage Super Admins and the person who requested the trial.
- Coach Manager: Any user who has direct reports associated with their account in TINYpulse.
- Coach Employee: All users who have no direct reports associated with their TINYpulse account.
All employees in your TINYpulse org can access Coach using the navigation menu in TINYpulse. Reason being, employees need to be in Coach in order to request 360 feedback on them. Employees won't get any automated emails from Coach though, so they don't need to do anything unless you want them to use the tool.
Head on over here for a full breakdown of what each permission level unlocks.
Other parts of Coach
Since you have the full Coach app available for 90 days, you might as well give it a thorough test to see the benefits of proper goal setting and regular 1:1 conversations. TINYpulse Coach can help your company:
- Set effective SMART goals and review progress on a regular basis.
- Facilitate 1:1 discussions through manager-driven coaching feedback.
- Give HR departments and any administrator visibility into goal progress and alignment across the organization.
Take a look at this article for some inspiration on how the other Coach tools can help you solve some pain points around coaching and development at your organization.
And if you think SMART goals are right for your company, this article will get you started with some key information before you begin.
Upgrade your subscription
If you're loving Coach 360 feedback and everything else TINYpulse Coach has to offer, we'd love to chat. Our team will work with you to build in Coach to your existing TINYpulse subscription so please send us an email to start that discussion.