If employees take the time to give you their feedback via TINYpulse, they need to feel like their voices are actually being heard by administrators. But as a TINYpulse administrator, competing priorities oftentimes make it difficult to get in touch with every employee though private messages, being an active presence on the LIVEpulse feed, and most importantly taking action to find solutions on their feedback. If you've ever felt that you could do with a few extra hands, Initiatives are for you!
Here's how Initiatives work; whenever a new suggestion or response comes in, you can create a game plan outlining exactly what you plan to do to address it. You can even delegate Initiatives to certain individuals who may not even be TINYpulse admins if you need a bit of help. Employees track your progress via the LIVEpulse feed and can collaborate with their comments and show support with their votes. And when you're done, simply turn your Initiative into a Win to show employees their feedback is valuable and their voices truly make a difference within your organization.
- You must be an Engage Super Admin, Admin, or Segment Admin to create Initiatives.
- The LIVEpulse feed and Wins Board option needs to be enabled in order to access Initiatives. Visit Users and Settings -> Apps -> LIVEpulse Settings to verify your status.
Create an Initiative
Creating an Initiative is a simple way to show employees you care about their feedback enough to take action. You can create Initiatives on the Wins Board based on any employee feedback whether it be a suggestion or a response to a pulse survey, or even from an email or a conversation you had with an employee. Think of Initiatives and the Wins Board as your one source of truth for tracking and demonstrating progress towards your organization's culture improvements.
1. Log in to TINYpulse and navigate to the Wins Board.
3. In the In Progress column, select Create Initiative. Ideas for Initiatives can come from suggestions, pulse survey responses, or even from channels outside of TINYpulse like an all hands meeting or a discussion around the water cooler.
4. Enter the title and description of the Initiative, being as specific as possible.
5. Click Done to save and view your new Initiative in the In Progress column.
6. Visit the LIVEpulse feed to see the new Initiative which has been posted for all employees to vote and comment.
7. When the Initiative is complete, move it to the Wins column on the Wins Board to celebrate successes created by employees via TINYpulse.
If you're looking for some inspiration on how to write effective Initiatives, reading up on S.M.A.R.T goals is a good place to start! The "specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound" framework works great when writing Initiatives because it sets very clear expectations with employees and creates accountability since it's very clear as to what is considered 'done' and 'not done.'
As a TINYpulse administrator, surely at one point you've had a thought like "The Safety team would be the best department to address this feedback, but none of them are TINYpulse admins..." The great thing about Initiatives is that they allow you to add collaborators. A Collaborator can be any TINYpulse user within your org, at any permission level (they don't have to be an admin). These are folks you want to be responsible for addressing the feedback and completing the initiative, allowing everyone in the organization to participate in finding solutions to improve your company's culture and workplace.
When creating the Initiative, just click the (+) icon at the bottom to add different people to this initiative. Once added, they'll get both an email and in-app notification letting them know that they have a new Initiative to take a look at.
As progress is made by collaborators on an Initiative, we encourage everyone to track progress and milestones in the comments section so other employees know what action has already been taken, and also what work is planned going forward. Then once a solution is reached, Collaborators are empowered move Initiatives to Wins and celebrate change with their teammates on the LIVEpulse feed.