Despite TINYpulse's best efforts to keep employees engaged in their work and happy at your company, there will be times when an employees needs or chooses to move on. Be sure to deactivate the TINYpulse accounts of exited employees to prevent them from submitting any more feedback and to claim back a seat in your subscription.
(!) You must be listed as an administrator for any one of the TINYpulse applications and/or be the direct manager of the employee in order to deactivate a user and enter exit data. Please speak to your TINYpulse administrator if you believe you should have access to deactivate TINYpulse users.
Deactivate a user and enter exit information
If you're using TINYpulse Exit to get attrition insights, you're going to want to enter exit details right when you deactivate the employee in TINYpulse. This is the quickest and easiest way to ensure you don't forget!
- Log in to TINYpulse and go to the People list in Settings by clicking the icon on right of the upper navigation bar.
- Find the employee in the user list who has left the company and needs to be deactivated.
- Click on the three dots to the right of their row and select Deactivate & Exit.
- Enter information about their departure in the popover. Exit date is required, the rest of the fields are optional but encouraged! Here's a brief explanation about the additional fields.
- Personal Email: Store the employee's personal email here if you believe you'll need to contact them in the future. This will also be used by TINYpulse in the future to send exit pulses, but that's still a way down the road coming in 2018.
- Voluntary Exit: Did the employee leave through their own decision or was the decision made for them (termination, end of contract, etc.)?
- Regrettable Exit: Will this departure negatively impact your company in terms of productivity, morale, knowledge loss, etc? If the employee does not cause negative impact than it is not a regrettable departure.
- High Performer: Decide whether or not this employee was a standout at their job or in their field. This is important to see the caliber of employees leaving. The last think you want is to lose your top people!
- Reason(s) for Leaving: These reasons have been based off of those of popular HRIS systems. Select one or many reasons.
- Click Exit to complete.
Deactivate a user without exit details
If you aren't using TINYpulse Exit to track attrition or you're not the right person to enter exit details, you may follow the same process outlined above and click Skip on the exit details form. The employee's TINYpulse ID will be deactivated to prevent further access, and you or any other admin can visit Exit any time to enter exit info if you change your mind.
Delete a user from TINYpulse
All deactivated users in your TINYpulse account contribute to your company's attrition rate. However, there may be times where you don't want certain accounts to count as an "exit," for example:
- Test accounts
- Invalid email addresses
- Employees who were hired but never started at the company
If you find yourself with any of these issues, you can remove a user from your TINYpulse account entirely without negatively impacting your attrition rate. Find the email address in the People list in Settings and select the three dots to the right of their row. Click Delete user and confirm the warning message (or cancel if you've changed your mind!).
Deleting a user will delete the account entirely, but any survey responses, suggestions, and Cheers will remain in TINYpulse so results aren't affected by this action.