Yup, we Slack.
If your team is a part of the six million plus daily active users of Slack, TINYpulse integration is here for you! Enable survey deliver to let employees respond to their survey in Slack, and bring recognition to the forefront of your organization with a Slack channel for Cheers. See your company's Cheers in real time, comment, and add emojis to highlight the good work that’s being done every day. Setup only takes a few minutes so your Slack integration with TINYpulse will be rockin’ and rollin’ before you know it.
Note: You must be an Admin or a Super Admin in TINYpulse in order to complete the configuration. Segment Admins don't have access to the Apps section, so please speak with an Admin/Super Admin to assist. You'll also need to be a Slack admin. Otherwise you'll get an error which is a bummer. Please speak to your friendly TINYpulse and Slack administrators if you have questions.
Configure Slack for TINYpulse Engage
The current TINYpulse for Slack integration has two main features: responding to surveys via Slack and streaming a live Cheers feed. Read on to learn how to configure both, but they can be enabled separately so you have the flexibility to choose how to use it.
- Log in to TINYpulse Engage and dashboard go to Settings in the left navigation menu. Select Apps to redirect to the Apps list.
- Find Slack in the list and click Connect.
- Slack will verify your email address and request access to TINYpulse. From here, a list will automatically appear with all Slack teams that you belong to. Authorize the default team or click Change Teams to add a different one.
You've now enabled TINYpulse Engage to access your company's Slack team, but you still have a few more steps to take to enable functionality like responding to surveys in Slack and configuring the Cheers feed.
Enable survey delivery to Slack
Want higher response rates and better engagement with TINYpulse? TINYpulse actually has a bot to send your employees their regular survey directly into their Slack app. And the best part is, you as the admin just have to complete a simple configuration and you're done! Employees don't have to do anything on their side since the TINYpulse-bot will let them know when they have a new survey ready.
- After you've allowed TINYpulse Engage to access your Slack team (above), you'll see the Slack is now connected in the Settings -> Apps section of Engage.
- From here, click the dropdown list and select TINYpulse-bot.
- Click Add and you're done.
Employees will now be notified by the TINYpulse-bot when the next survey becomes available depending on your timezone and survey cadence.
* Note that if you integrated Slack with TINYpulse before May 2017, you'll have to disconnect the integration and then reenable it following steps in the two sections above.
Set up a live Cheers feed
Another option to boost engagement and recognition is to stream your Cheers to a public Slack channel. Employees can interact by adding their comments and emojis, and continuing to spread sunshine throughout your organization.
- Decide which public Slack channel you want to stream your Cheers feed to. Note that you cannot stream the Cheers feed to a private channel; it has to be public in order to connect successfully.
- Stream in an existing Slack channel: This is a good option if you want to see Cheers in one of your go-to channels like #general or #random. Proceed to Step #3 to continue with setup.
- Stream to a new Slack channel: Create a Cheers-specific channel to isolate Cheers in one place. You might want to go with this method if you have a large company or active employees who send volumes of Cheers. In Slack, create a specific public channel for your TINYpulse Cheers feed and give it a name. We suggest you choose a name related to Cheers and recognition (#Cheers4Peers, #CheersFeed, #TINYpulse, etc.)
- Invite your team members or entire organization to the Cheers channel in the second field. Slack has different ways to invite people to a channel so you can see all of your options on their help page.
- Now go to the Engage Dashboard -> Settings -> Apps to enable the Cheers feed and pick your designated Slack channel from the dropdown list.
- Select Cheers Feed from the dropdown list and click Add to finish.
You'll receive an email confirmation from Slack if the integration was successful. Switch over to Slack and let the recognition roll. Pin Cheers, add reactions, and comment directly in the channel to further recognize your teammates.
We at TINYpulse love Slack as much as you, but there are a few limitations to this integration depending on how your Slack and TINYpulse accounts are configured. Please reach out to our support team if you're facing one of these limitations. We always love hearing from our customers, so let us know and we'll consider adding your request to our product roadmap!
Multiple Slack workspaces
If teams at your organization live in multiple Slack workspaces and in one TINYpulse organization, you will not be able to enable survey delivery to those multiple workspaces. TINYpulse is only able to integrate with one Slack workspace at this time.
Multiple TINYpulse organizations
If your organization is broken down into multiple TINYpulse orgs but share one single Slack workspace, unfortunately you won't be able to take advantage of this integration either. Again, the relationship between Slack and TINYpulse is one-to-one so you're only able to connect one org to one Slack workspace.