If your organization uses Workday for employee management, you're in luck. Simplify user management by integrating your TINYpulse account with Workday and you'll never have to separately invite employees to TINYpulse or deactivate them again! With this convenient integration, Workday serves as the single source of truth for user management and TINYpulse does the rest, ensuring only active employees at your organization exist in your TINYpulse system. Managing employees (and your subscription limit) has never been easier.
Connect TINYpulse with Workday
In order to complete the integration between TINYpulse and Workday, you must be an administrator in TINYpulse and have specific information and permissions to your organization's Workday system as well. Please speak with the friendly technical team at your organization and provide them with this documentation if you don't have the proper permissions or domain knowledge.
Before you begin: You'll need a member of the TINYpulse team to set up your SFTP. Just send us an email at email@example.com and we'll be back to you within 24 hours to help.
- Get started by going to the Engage Dashboard -> Settings -> Apps.
- Find Workday in the list and click Connect to begin.
- Enter information about your Workday system to establish the connection. Remember, you'll need to contact us first in order to set up your SFTP. Be sure to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Click Save and Test Connection once connection info has been entered.
- Click Next if your test was successful.
- Now that you've established a connection between TINYpulse and Workday, you'll need to map certain data fields from the Workday file to TINYpulse. The fields needing mapping are first name, last name, email, employee ID, and TINYpulse segment. Use the dropdown menus to match them up.
- If you want to use TINYpulse filters, you'll first have to create them in the Settings -> Groups section if you haven't done so already. If your filters are good to go, choose one from the dropdown menu and select the field in the file from the second dropdown list.
- Add as many Filters as you'd like and click Next to continue.
- Decide whether or not you want us to send a weekly status report and enter email addresses for the people who should receive it.
- Set your auto-sync preferences. Auto-syncs happen once a week on Tuesdays, at 1:00am depending on the timezone of your Workday application. However, you can perform a manual sync at anytime. If you select No, auto-syncs will never happen and you'll have to open the Settings -> Apps page in TINYpulse to manually sync each time you need to sync employees between Workday and TINYpulse.
- Click Save and you're done!
If you have auto-sync turned on, the first sync will happen the next Tuesday at 1:00am depending on the timezone of your Workday application. You can choose to sync now by clicking Sync now once you've completed the connection (above). We'll send you an email with the status once it's complete. Auto-syncs will happen every week according to this schedule.
Alternatively, you can manually sync anytime from the Settings -> Apps page in TINYpulse. Just expand the Workday setting and click Sync now. If you've chosen to turn auto-sync off, you'll have to come to this page and click this button each time you need to sync users between the two systems.
Sync facts you should know
Syncs both invite newly identified employees to TINYpulse as well as deactivate employees who are not found in the file (those who have been deactivated or terminated).
When newly identified users are invited to TINYpulse, they'll be sent a welcome email with their first Engage survey within the hour. If you choose to use the Workday integration for user management, unfortunately there's no way to utilize Onboard at this time. All employees will be sent Engage pulse surveys even if they're new hires at your organization.
If employees are not found in a sync, they will be deactivated in TINYpulse. Any exit information isn't synced from Workday into TINYpulse, so you or another admin will have to manually enter exit details in order to utilize TINYpulse Exit.