Collecting employee feedback via TINYpulse is an amazing first step towards a more open and transparent culture. However, if you aren't taking action to address the feedback, it's almost worse than not asking for it in the first place.
Some things administrators can do in TINYpulse to be transparent and close the feedback loop are sending private messages on responses and suggestions, creating shareable reports after every survey, and turning on LIVEpulse to let employees collaborate on suggestions.
If your organization is using LIVEpulse to allow employees to view suggestions and wins, vote for their favorites, and collaborate on solutions, administrators can utilize the Wins Board. The Wins Board is an organizational tool you can use to track which suggestions are popular and need attention, which are being addressed, and those that have been resolved.
Trust us, this board is the easiest way to improve transparency with employees, keep them in the loop, and save you time as an administrator by giving employees visibility into the amazing work being done to address their feedback.
(i) You must have Admin or Super Admin permissions in Engage in order to enable and use this feature.
How it works
Employees have been voting for their favorite suggestions in LIVEpulse and providing comments all along but it hasn't been easy for them to track progress on the items that matter to them most. Here's where the Wins Board comes in. This card-style tool is mutually beneficial as employees can use it to track progress on their suggestions, and administrators can use it to stay organized.
When used properly, transparency and collaboration can be improved immediately. Go to the Wins Board in LIVEpulse to know exactly what needs your attention first. Move items to In Progress as you're working on them, and celebrate Wins once complete. Employees can track progress throughout and view your comments so you can close the feedback loop directly within TINYpulse.
Enable the Wins Board
The Wins Board is automatically enabled if the LIVEpulse feed is turned on. If you don't have the LIVEpulse feed enabled for employees to view suggestions in the employee portal, then unfortunately you can't take advantage of the Wins Board. But this might be a good opportunity to reevaluate the benefits of LIVEpulse like improved organizational transparency, higher employee usage of TINYpulse, and more.
To turn on the LIVEpulse feed, visit Settings -> Apps -> LIVEpulse Settings and either enable the main toggle or select the first setting in the list. This will turn on the suggestions / Wins feed in the employee portal as well as the Wins Board for both admins and employees.
Once enabled, both employees and administrators will see a new Wins Board icon in the left side menu in LIVEpulse.
As an administrator, you can either use the Wins Board to drag and drop suggestions cards from one status to another, or you can use the dropdown menus on each suggestion on the Engage Dashboard.
From the Wins Board
- Click the Wins Board icon in the upper right of the horizontal navigation, or go to LIVEpulse and select Wins Board using the left side menu.
- *Navigation item is only available to Engage Super Admins and Admins. All other access levels may access the Wins Board by using the left navigation menu item from LIVEpulse.
- Choose how to view suggestions, either by popularity or recency using the dropdown menu.
- Scroll through the All Feedback column to view the full list of suggestions and decide which ones you want to address.
- Grab the card and move it over to the In Progress column. It's a good idea to add a comment to let employees know you've got it. The employee who submitted the suggestion will get a notification about your comment while remaining anonymous.
- Once the suggestion has been resolved, go ahead and move it over to the Wins column. The best thing about using the Wins Board to stay organized is that you'll never forget to add a Win again! Move a suggestion to the Win section and you'll be prompted to add a Win to celebrate this accomplishment.
From the Engage Dashboard
Once you've enabled the Wins Board, a new function will be added to every suggestion in the Engage Dashboard. Go to the Suggestions page in the Engage Dashboard and you'll see a small menu to Set status. Click it, select the appropriate status, and the Action Board will be updated accordingly.
Note that Wins stay on the Wins Board in the Wins section for 30 days. Employees can view the full Wall of Wins at anytime by clicking Wall of Wins in the header.
Archive a suggestion
Sometimes you might get duplicate suggestions, or certain ones may not be feasible to resolve. Just click the archive button on the suggestion to remove it from the Wins Board. It will stay on the LIVEpulse suggestions feed for further voting and commenting, but it will not appear in your All Feedback list on the Wins Board any longer.
Alternately, you can select the No Action status from the Engage Dashboard side for the same result.
Remember that it's critical to close the feedback loop, even on suggestions that will not be implemented, so take a quick second to write a comment on the suggestion or send a private message so the submitter knows why it isn't being addressed.
Why you should use it
- Improved transparency with employees. No more questions about whether or not their suggestion has been received and is being addressed.
- More accountability for admins to take actions on employee feedback.
- Admins save time giving status updates outside of TINYpulse because the Action Board shows the current status of all items.
So go on! Enable LIVEpulse if you haven't already and start using the Wins Board to track progress and improve transparency on suggestions.