One of the best things about TINYpulse is the simplicity of set up. Invite employees to TINYpulse once and give them access to the full suite of products in minutes.
Invite people to TINYpulse
(i) You must have Admin or Super Admin permissions in Engage or Onboard in order to invite new employees.
The only thing you need to invite employees to TINYpulse is their email address. However, we do recommend adding some additional information such as start date, manager, and position in order to get deeper insights into your data.
- Log in to TINYpulse and go to the Settings section by clicking the people icon in the upper right navigation.
- Click Invite People.
- Enter the email addresses of the employees to invite.
- Additionally, enter the start date, manager, segment, filter, and position title. These fields are optional but data is used to give deeper insights on your data.
- Decide whether you want these employees to receive Onboard pulses or Engage. Keep the Onboard checkbox selected to send them Onboard pulses. Deselect it and they'll receive anonymous Engage surveys. Start employees off with Onboard pulse surveys to collect feedback specific to the new hire experience. These employees can send Cheers and anonymous suggestions immediately, but they won't receive an Engage survey until their sixth week at your organization. Learn more.
- Click Add more if you have more than five employees to invite.
- Once you've added everyone, click Send Invite to finish.
Invited employees who are set to receive Onboard pulses will get an invitation email within the hour. The email has a link that lets them set their TINYpulse password and send Cheers and anonymous suggestions. Their first Onboard pulse will be sent the next Wednesday after they've completed at least one week at your organization. If you're curious, take a look at the First Survey date on the confirmation screen after your invites are sent to know exactly when the first pulse will go out.
If you've deselected the Onboard checkbox, these employees will get an email with their first Engage pulse question within the hour. They'll receive the email in their inbox and can click the link to complete sign up and respond to their first question immediately.
All users invited to TINYpulse will be assigned the lowest possible level of access to prevent any security mishaps. Take a look through this article for more information about default permissions and assigning a higher level of access to new employees.
Employees will appear in the People list immediately once you've sent the invitations and you can filter employees by status to find out who is receiving Engage pulses and who is getting Onboard, who has set their password and who hasn't, and more. Employees can access TINYpulse immediately once they've been invited, but they'll need to set their password in order to complete sign up. Employees who haven't set their passwords will have a (!) tooltip beside their email address to let you know who is still pending.
After a few days or weeks if you notice a lot of employees still haven't signed up, click Send Reminders to trigger an email as a friendly reminder to these employees to set their TINYpulse passwords so they can respond to surveys, give anonymous suggestions, and send Cheers.
Upload employees by CSV
Reach out to your friendly customer success manager or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a bunch of users to invite and want some help. We can provide you with an Excel file for you to fill out and return to us for a quick and easy upload.